Pay Rate: 9.60 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Location: St Aidens Cottage - Durham
Job Ref: STAHA
We require an Administrator for our Care Home in Durham on a fixed term 6 month maternity cover contract.
This positions requires the candidate to:
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the home in line with Company policies and procedures, using computer and manual systems.
- Prepare and issue regular Management Reports within the prescribed timescales.
- Process receipts of monies against clients accounts. Maintain records.
- Ensure continuity of payroll.
- Arrange the accurate calculation of gross wages on a weekly basis using computer and manual systems. Maintain staff attendance records.
- Maintain complete files for clients and staff members in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Support recruitment campaigns. Prepare and post job advertisements, screen applications, arrange interviews, participate in selection process, and administer pre-employment tests as required.
- Provide administrative / secretarial support to the Home Manager eg typing, filing, dealing with correspondence etc within given timescales.
- Operate office equipment such as fax, photocopier and computer as required.
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from clients and visitors and redirect enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Arrange and calculate monthly stock takes and costs.
- Participate in staff and client meetings as and when required.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, of Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self of another.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Ensure the security of the homes is maintained at all times.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous administrative experience
- Good numerical and word processing skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge / experience of MS Word and MS Excel
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Maintain confidentiality
This is a fixed term contract of 6 months for maternity cover.
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5pm
£9.60 per Hour
Full training provided
Don’t worry if you have any questions, we will have a chat with you once you have applied and put your mind at ease on any questions you may have regarding joining our team!Apply