Staff Transport Driver
Pay Rate: £8.21 per hour
Contract: Fixed Term
Location: Various Locations
Job Ref: WPDR
Job Type – Bank Contract
Location – Rothbury/Harbottle
Job Specification –
The successful candidate will be required to transport regional support staff between Harbottle (Northumberland) and Newcastle.
Maintain daily vehicle records, vehicle mileage and upkeep of the vehicle, reporting any defects immediately.
The candidate must be flexible, approachable, have a calming manner, be honest and have integrity. The candidate must have good communication skills and be able to interact well with people.
The candidate will make sure support workers are safe and comfortable during the journey and arrive on time for their shift.
We are looking for more than just an experienced driver, we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate a positive and people focussed attitude.
The ideal candidate will need –
● A full UK manual car driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience (with no more than 3 points)
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Application of a common sense approach
● The job also requires that the driver is flexible to fit in with fluctuation in service demand or operational need i.e. flexible working pattern (between Monday and Sunday, hours will be discussed at interview).
In return you will receive –
● Hourly rate £8.21
● Paid holiday
● Use of company vehicle, for working hours
● Fuel card