Nurse (RGN, RNLD,RMN)
Pay Rate: £14.35 PH
Location: Various Locations
Job Ref: SNV
JOB TITLE: Nurse (RGN / RMN / RNLD)
REPORTING TO: Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To provide high quality nursing care and to assist in identifying and addressing the health and social care of a wide variety of service users.
- To run the shift within the service, delegating and supporting the Support Workers, Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to provide a high quality of care for each service user. To have overall accountability for all service user’s within the building.
- To provide effective supervision of staff members and to take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
- To actively seek to empower service users to gain and maintain control over all aspects of their lives.
- Recognise the service user’s strengths, abilities and skills and seek to maximise their development and use.
- Ensure meaningful involvement of service users is central to all activities, applying equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policies and ensuring rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- To support service users to meet their personal care needs in a way that respects the dignity of the individual.
- To help in the care of the service users physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the Home.
- To know and support the main aims and values of the Home and understand and implement the Home’s policies and procedures.
- To work, for part of the time, on a one-to-one basis with service users who may or may not have challenging behaviour.
- To provide a high standard of direct nursing and holistic care to service users, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team.
- To develop the therapeutic relationship with service users in order to assess care needs, plan and implement and review care plans and nursing interventions.
- To continuously evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of service users in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
- To provide medication reviews, ensuring all documentation is up to date and information is acted upon.
- To order medications in appropriate time scales to ensure the service is not short of the necessary medication.
- To administer medication and ensure all documentation is accurate for each service user (i.e. MAR charts, count sheets)
- To play an active role in MDT meetings and work in collaboration with a wide ranging team of professionals. Liaising with GP, chiropodist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and other members of the wider care team.
- To collaborate and work in partnership with service users to support them to plan and achieve realistic goals.
- To support service users and identify early warning signs and triggers, to ensure the safety of all service users and staff. To develop positive coping strategies in line with best practice and company procedures.
- To work within the NMC codes of conduct and Scope of Practice and within the home’s policies and procedures.
- To continuously review their own nursing practices to develop new skills and knowledge through continuous professional development training and contribute to the enhancement of patient care skills. To apply evidence based best practice.
- To work closely with other members of the care team, ensuring that effective, high-quality care is given, to achieved planned goals.
- To support service users in the CPA process.
- To ensure the effective and efficient use of all home resources.
- To keep next of kin informed of significant changes in a service user’s condition.
- To ensure religious, cultural. emotional and psychological support for service users and their families.
- Assist services users, where required, on issues such as budgeting, life skills, taking due care and diligence.
- To assist in carrying out risk assessments appertaining to individuals and activities, and to ensure that all risk assessment proposals are carried out.
- To take a leadership role in risk assessment, security and Health & Safety issues, eg. reporting any dangers to self and others, etc.
- Assisting/ensuring that good standards of food presentation are maintained and that good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- To answer door and telephone and greet visitors in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of work practice within established record keeping and confidentiality policies.
- To adhere to all aspects relating to confidentiality and not discuss the Company, service users, or other information which is acquired via the job, with others not connected to or who have no right to the information.
- To be a good team player and work constructively with colleagues and managers. Contribute positively to meetings such as supervision, appraisal and team meetings and training events.
- To report any situations/concerns immediately to management.
- To be flexible and work to the benefit of service users, and to assist with any other duties if required.
- To utilise effective communication skills with both service users and staff within the organisation.
- Attend mandatory training courses, on or off site, as and when required. As this is a legal requirement of our sector for CQC and Local Authority Contracts the Company reserve the right to charge training costs to any employee who fails to attend either mandatory training or refresher courses without giving reasonable justification for their absence or sufficient notice of their non-attendance. Should the employee fail to meet the aforementioned requirements then disciplinary action may be taken.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Ensure the security of the buildings is maintained at all times.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Maintenance Department, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practices in the homes.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
The job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of their role.
· General nurse training/registration
· 1st level
· Working with people with a disability or special needs
· Staff/shift supervision
· Experience in a wide range of areas – eg neuro-disability, physical disability, mental health, learning disability, older people
· Planning and co-ordination of treatment packages
· Ability to prioritise and organise workload to meet targets and respond to unforeseen
· Ability to manage complex, contentious,
sensitive and emotional situations.
· Good knowledge and understanding of nursing roles and professional boundaries
· Active team player but also able to work on own initiative.
· Sensitive to the needs of others but able to implement action plans to address identified needs.
· Able to work within concepts and broad boundaries.
· Health and safety awareness
· Advocate of client choice and independence
· Organisational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills (listening, verbal and written communication
· IT skills
· Flexible hours when necessary
· Willing to go on outings
· Able to treat all people with compassion, hospitality, trust, justice and respect
· Maintain confidentiality
· Honest and reliable
· Interested, motivated and committed
· Accessible, approachable and comfortable with people with special needs
· Non-discriminatory and respect for cultural and religious heritage of all peopleDownload Application Form Apply