Why work for us?
Making a Difference
If you’re looking to make a difference through a rewarding career in a specialist service which allows you to facilitate adults with complex needs along their pathway to rehabilitation, then a career at Careline Lifestyles is for you.
Our Existing Team
- We have made some significant key appointments and have restructured the Senior Management team, which now consists of three key personel; Amanda Knight, Head of Care Outcomes, Kirsty Nealis - Head of Care Delivery and Rob Devitt - Head of Business Operations. We also have our own Therapeutic Services Team including a Positive Behaviour Support Specialist, two Occupational Therapists, two Physiotherapists, and both regional and home based Therapy Assistants.
Feel Secure and Valued
- Careline Lifestyles has been established since 1986, since then we have achieved the ‘The Journal / Ward Hadaway Fastest 50 2014 Award’ by growing at a significant rate even during a period of recession.
Progress with Us
- Careline Lifestyles is constantly expanding; new posts are constantly being created to allow the company to gain a highly developed multi disciplinary team.
- Where possible we advocate promotions from within the company - with the developments we have planned there are clear progression routes for those that work hard and may wish to get into Management roles.
- We welcome applications from newly qualified nurses.
- We don’t offer a preceptorship as such, however, we do offer newly qualified nurses regular ongoing mentoring and supervisions with their manager, along with shadow shifts when they first join the organisation.
- We also offer support by placing newly qualified nurses on shifts when the manager (also nurse qualified) is present in the building to ensure you have the guidance and support you need whilst you are familiarising yourself with the role.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- We’re currently in the process of launching an employment engagement forum with Carer and Nurse representatives to allow our employees to have a say.
- Our Refer a Friend Scheme offers the chance for our nurses to refer their qualified nurse friends to Careline to enhance our staff team and friendly working environment. (Terms and Conditions apply, please ask for more details)
We are an Employer of Choice
- We are a leader in the field of specialist care, allowing you to develop skills that you would not be able to develop with other employers. This is why some of our staff have chosen to stay with us for over 25 years.
- Careline Lifestyles owns 9 care homes across the North East which offers our employees the opportunity to gain experience from working in different homes, with different service users with various needs.
- As an employee, you will be involved in all sorts of activities with the service users. Everyone is welcome to contribute new ideas – so far we’ve had a Halloween Fair, Lanchester’s got Talent, Best Christmas Card Competition, Bowes Court Valentine’s Ball, Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, Discos, Seasonal Fayres, Come Dine with Me, swimming competitions etc.
Bespoke Training and Development
- We offer a thorough package of mandatory training and clinical competencies along with bespoke qualifications and training catering to the employee’s personal development and the service user’s personal needs.
- All our training is in accordance with the CQC requirements and Skills for Care, Care certificate.
- We also offer QCF levels 2,3 and 5 to develop our employees into specialists within their field of choice and any ad-hoc courses that will support your personal development plan.
Fancy a Challenge?
- It is important to understand that the work we do is not easy and can be very challenging at times, however, we want people to join us who like a challenge and get satisfaction from achieving something special.
- We invite you to feel fulfilled within your role knowing you are contributing to improving people’s lives, forming lasting bonds through a rehabilitation pathway and supporting service users to live their lives as independently as possible.
Management Support and Guidance
- Each home has a Manager and Deputy Manager, as well as a Home Administrator and other approachable professionals that will surround you for support, i.e. Nurses, Care Assistants and our multi disciplinary team.
- Our Head Office team has a strong presence and involvement within the running of all the homes. It consists of HR, Recruitment, Property, Maintenance, Marketing, Compliance, Accounts and Training.
- Shadow Shifts - Your first 3 shifts will be a practical induction under supervision to build your confidence on the job and offer support with anything you need guidance on.